This dataset was supplied to the Bioregional Assessment Programme by a third party and is presented here as originally supplied.
The metadata was not provided by the data supplier and has been compiled by the programme based on known details at the time of acquisition.
The following information was requested from NSW Department of Trade and Investment:
Spatial information (maps, GIS layers, images) showing:
* Xyz of footprints of underground and open cut from 1980 - 2012, updated once every 4 years (Olympic years), including details of rehabilitated areas if available
* The z dimension (elevation) relative to sea level, i.e. the AHD reference
* Mine water discharge volumes if available between 1980 and 2012, or until mine water pumping ceased, as available.
* For underground working, whether longwall or board and pillar mining was used, and if the latter, whether the pillars have been subsequently extracted
The following is a list of mines for which we are seeking data on in the Namoi
* Gunnedah Colliery underground mine
* Narrabri underground mine (also referred to as Narrabri North)
* Preston Extended
* Werris Creek
NSW Department of Trade and Investment collects this information for monitoring purposes.
History information was not provided with the dataset.
NSW Trade and Investment (2015) Historical Mining Footprints DTIRIS NAM 20150914. Bioregional Assessment Source Dataset. Viewed 12 March 2019, http://data.bioregionalassessments.gov.au/dataset/fb0a43f1-9022-4844-b5b5-b91f72a1d9f9.