Dataset: Windmill Islands penguin colonies digitised from 1990 Linhof aerial photography
Aerial photography (Linhof) of penguin colonies was acquired over the Windmill Islands (Eric Woehler).
The penguin colonies were traced, then digitised (John Cox), and saved as DXF-files.
Using the ArcView extension 'Register and Transform' (Tom Velthuis), The DXF-files were brought into a GIS and transformed to the appropriate islands. Data conforms to SCAR Feature Catalogue which can be searched (refer to link below).
- Australian Antarctic Division (Commonwealth of Australia)
- Create Date: 12/12/2015
- Update Date: 12/12/2015
- Landing Page: https://data.gov.au/data/dataset/b2d7074c-9380-4f87-9140-bd2bea375376
- AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHS
- CONTINENT - ANTARCTICA - Windmill Islands
- EARTH SCIENCE - BIOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION - ANIMALS-VERTEBRATES - BIRDS
- EARTH SCIENCE - BIOSPHERE - TERRESTRIAL ECOSYSTEMS - ISLANDS
- GEOGRAPHIC REGION - POLAR
- WINDMILL ISLANDS